Care Connected is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and other relevant laws about how private health service providers handle personal information.
We are committed to complying with all applicable privacy laws which govern how Care Connected collects, uses, discloses and stores your personal information.
This Privacy Statement sets out how Care Connected will handle your personal information.
1. Use of Personal Data
Care Connected will collect your personal information for the purpose of providing you with health care and for directly related purposes. Care Connected may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To allow healthcare providers to communicate with participants
- To allow you to use the Service, including access to the portal
- To process payments for healthcare providers.
- To verify your identity, respond to your enquiries and contact you when necessary.
- To communicate with you about the Service and/or other services of Care Connected
- For protection purposes and to generate anonymous statistical data.
Personal information may be shared between Care Connected contracted or employed health care professionals and administrative personnel to coordinate your care. We also outsource some of our services. This may involve us sharing your personal information with third parties.
Care Connected will usually send a program summary to your referring medical practitioner or nominated general practitioner following your assessment and re-assessment.
We may outsource information and data storage services (including archiving of medical records). Where we outsource our services we take reasonable steps in the circumstances to ensure that third parties, have obligations under their contracts with Care Connected to comply with all laws relating to the privacy (including security) and confidentiality of your personal information.
We will not use or disclose your personal information to any other persons or organisations for any other purpose unless:
- You have consented;
- The use or disclosure is for a purpose directly related to providing you with health care and you would expect us to use or disclose your personal information in this way;
- We have told you that we will disclose your personal information to other organisations or persons; or
- We are permitted or required to do so by law.
- To any person that you authorise us to disclose your personal information to.
- To government and regulatory authorities, as required or authorised by law.
- To our professional advisors.
- To your healthcare provider.
- If it is obliged or otherwise permitted to do so on account of national or international laws, case law and/or regulations including to government and regulatory authorities.
- If Care Connected considers it necessary to do so in defense of its own rights.
2. How does Care Connected protect your personal data?
Care Connected takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any form of unlawful use, but cannot guarantee that data transmission over the Internet will be wholly secure. Because of the medical nature of some of the personal data provided through the service, Care Connected uses reasonable endeavours to incorporate a high level of security.
To protect the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data, we:
- Use reasonable endeavors to encrypt all appropriate patient health information in our database where practical to do so (“at-rest”).
- Limit information access inside our company.
- Our website uses SSL encryption
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via our contact page